MALLYCE MILLER firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m enamored with the NEW, THE NEXT, and THE INNOVATIVE.
15 years experience in the fashion industry including the following job descriptions:
FASHION DESIGNER / / ACCESSORIES DESIGNER // WARDROBE STYLIST // TREND FORECASTER // BUYER // MERCHANDISER
Spanish // Fabric Direction // Garment Fit Evaluation // Flat Sketching
Fabric& Trim Sourcing // Costing // Styling
Trend Forecasting // Fashion Shows // Sales // Line Sheets
Line Development // Graphic Design // Production Product Development
Illustrator // Photoshop // InDesign // Mac & PC Literate // Merchandising
* Women’s Contemporary: Wovens + Knits, Men’s/Women’s/Kid’s basic knits, Mens + Women’s Denim, Women’s -Juniors Knits + Wovens. Specialty: Dye Treatments + Washes. Jewelry Construction + Sourcing.
* Strong ability to take idea from the development through production.
* Celebrity, Music, Editorial, Video + Print.
* It’s about being able to observe, interrogate, & draw insight & inspiration from the world around us & from people we may have nothing in common with.
* It’s about paying attention to the different & the diverse, the patterns that we recognize & the anomalies that disrupt & confound them.
* Research isn’t just about the hard data, it’s about the emotional & visual landscapes that define it.
“Trends are profits waiting to happen”- Chris Sanderson
“It is here where change happens, & here the newness erupts non-verbal observation is the best skill a forecaster can nurture because most groups are better at showing us what is new & next, rather than telling us”- Henrik Vejlgaard